Revised December 29, 1992
Edited July 6, 1993
- Article I. Name
- The name of the association shall be the Association of Seventh-day Adventist Librarians.
The Association is independent of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is not an agent of the
church for any purpose.
- Article II. Objectives
- Enhance communication between Seventh-day Adventist librarians.
- Serve as a forum for discussion of mutual problems and
professional concerns of Seventh-day Adventist librarians.
- Promote librarianship and library services to Seventh-day
- Uphold the principles of Seventh-day Adventist librarianship.
- Article III. Membership
- Any person interested in Seventh-day Adventist librarianship, media services, information science
or archival management may become a member of the Association by complying with the
- Article IV. Meetings
- Meetings shall be held as provided in the Bylaws.
- Article V. Officers and Elections
- Elected Officers shall be such officers as provided by the Bylaws, who
shall be nominated and elected as provided in the Bylaws.
- Article VI. Sections, Committees and Chapters
- The Association may establish sections, standing committees and ad hoc committees, and chapters.
- Article VII. Amendments to the Constitution
- This constitution may be amended or rescinded as provided in the Bylaws.
- Article VIII. Funds
- No part of the earnings of the Association shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to
its members, officers or other private persons, except that the Association, as authorized by the
Executive Committee shall be empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and make
payments and distribution in furtherance of the objectives as set forth in Article II. Upon the
dissolution of the Association, the Executive Committee shall, after paying all outstanding bills and
liabilities of the Association, make a donation of all remaining funds to the Education Department of
the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists for the purchase of library materials to be distributed
to Seventh-day Adventist libraries outside the North American Division.